Sunday, August 4, 2013

It All Started With a Letter......

     The thing about life changing events is that so often they happen but you don't know how important the event was until after it is over.  But, sometimes you can actually see and be present when your life changes forever. My journey started with a letter from Doha, Qatar.  The letter arrived at my place of employment and I honestly would not have paid much attention to it but the envelope was written partially in Arabic - which made it immediately more exciting than the other recruitment letters I had received.  Having opened it quickly, I immediately laughed and put it away.  But....then.....somehow the letter continued to speak to me. My immediate reaction of "absolutely not" turned into "maybe I should look closer".  It sounded so exciting....just what my career needed......and I was going to have an empty nest.......and I wanted to travel more.
     Suddenly I was on the internet researching a country in the Middle East.  So much for my plan to be brave and look into moving to Charleston, S.C.
     Well, the rest is history.  Although I thought I was just brave to apply, I never really thought that they may give me the job!  I thought my application would make it to the desert and a camel would eat it...but I would still be proud that I applied.
     Hours and hours of research later, I am excited to become a part of the culture of the Middle East. So many misconceptions....I hope to investigate and experience everything that this experience has to offer.

Join in this journey with me.

I saved the original letter. (It may have changed my life).

"There is a fine line between crazy and adventurous.  I am just not sure what side of the line I am on."

No comments:

Post a Comment